Saturday, April 15, 2006


There are certain milestones in parenting that you will never forget. This morning Grandma Wright came by while I was drawing up Matthew's medications. Matthew was standing in his Jeep and having a raucous time with his Grandma. All of the sudden he blurted out, "Da-Da". It was clear enough that Janet and I stopped and looked at each other in surprise. I'll never forget that moment. Matthew is definitely starting to make more and differing noises. I can't wait to hear what's next! Be sure to check in the evening of Easter. Terri and I bought Matthew his 1st Easter outfit and all the family is coming over. There should be lots of good times and pictures.

3 comments:

Grandma Sue said...

You can just see him laughing and standing up and playing with Grandma Wright. What a joyful picture. And, for Michael finally hearing his little boy say Da-Da, it's another milestone.

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter and I can't wait to see the pictures.

Happy First Easter Matthew.

I love you so much. Grandma Sue

Grandma W said...

No only did Matthew say "da da"; but he looked up at his daddy when he said it.

Michael had gotten the camera because Matthew was having such a good time and making every attempt to talk to me. Last Friday Matthew and I were playing "horsy" while I was singing the tune of the Lone Ranger. Matthew must have remembered that tune because when I started singing it to him, he started jumping up and down like he was riding a horse and laughing.

I heard him a second time say "da da" when Michael sat down on the couch. He looked over and said "da da" again. When daddy placed him in his little jeep, he started jabbering as if to be talking to me and telling me about all the whistles and bells on it. He started honking the horn and making contact with all the buttons that make sounds. It is hard to leave him when he is being so adorable.

This will be one of our best Easter Sundays having Matthew with us. Life is good!
I love you precious, sweet baby!! grandma w

Denise said...

welli have to tell you that i burst into tears when i read that he said "dada", i can only imagine what it did to mike's heart....as if it didn't already belong to matthew, it is so solidified now....makes me all weepy again with joy!!!

Life is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!