Wednesday, September 14, 2005


Matthew & Katelyn

Thankfully, it appears that yesterday was enough drama for two days. Matthew was back to his old self today. All of his settings were back to pre-catastrophe levels. The doctors and nurses agreed to keep his meds and settings status quo. Sandy the Nurse Practitioner, made it a point to tell Terri �I�m pleased� as has become her reassuring custom. Now that Matthew is back on Vapotherm, I was given the task of inserting his �NG� (Naso-Gastric feeding tube). After several attempts in both nostrils, I got it in. It was definitely not a pleasurable experience. Katelyn, Matthew�s wonderful nurse, was right by my side and helped wipe off the traces of blood left on the tube after each unsuccessful attempt. The utopian image I had of feeding my son a bottle while cradled in my arms will have to wait. These feedings are strictly utilitarian.
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Grandma Sue said...

He looked adorable tonight and it was a far cry from yesterday. He was stretching really big as Daddy hummed the tune from Rocky. He smiled at Mommy and yawned. Gosh he was so cute. I was holding his hand in this picture and hated to let go. Good night little Matthew. Be well.

Love, Grandma Sue

Anonymous said...

Mike has a new drink now...
it's a "Queen Katelyn." Diet 7UP and Cpt. Morgan....
He loves it!