Friday, September 02, 2005


Early this morning Terri Called Rhoda, Matthew�s nurse, to see how he faired overnight. Rhoda said that Matthew had been put back on CPAP due to his Co2 levels rising. We were so disappointed. After going to the gym I walked in to the CVICU to sit with Matthew while Terri put her makeup on at the RV. When Connie, one of Matthew�s Respiratory Therapists saw me she smiled and said he was doing good. I lamented about the CPAP and she told me he had already been put back on Vapotherm. Apparently the rise in his carbon dioxide was caused by his electrolytes being out of balance. The diuretics caused him to urinate a lot which flushed out his electrolytes. This fact, not his breathing, caused his body to hold on to Co2. I may sound like an expert but I�m merely a parrot repeating what I�ve heard. So Matthew spent the day on Vapotherm and was very content. In fact the only time he woke up today was to flirt with and smile at Raji, one of his primary nurses. She wears a red shirt every week to lure his attention away from Mommy. Kniki will be his nurse tomorrow so she and Auntie Kim will be competing for his undivided attention.
 Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Grandma Sue said...

What an adorable picture. Terri is just glowing and Matthew is so content in his mother's arms.

I guess Michael will just have fight off all the women to get a chance to hold his son. Of course there will be many father and son days ahead.

I'm signing up with Kim as a Whoaholic for sure. I can't wait for the updates.

I love you all. Mom (Grandma Sue)

Anonymous said...

Mike

It was so great getting the chance to talk to you today! We are anxious to meet you both and see the little cutie. We were glad to hear that the little set back today turned out to be OK. He looks so great!

Continually praying for Matthew and the family!

Josh & Kristen Carter

Anonymous said...

Mike, Terri and Matthew,

I so look forward to reading the updates. What a great picture of Terri and Matthew...
We are keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers....

John, Julie and Alyssa Taylor

Anonymous said...

Terri, Mike and Matthew,

It's great to hear things are going well. I love the web site and the pics. Terri you look great!....Super MOM.......... I was glad to talk to Mike this morning and get updated. Matthew looks as sweet as ever. Please let me know if you guys need anything here on the homefront. Oh, by the way about the starbucks certificate...well, you'll be happy to know I just got it a few weeks ago. After asking around I found out someone apparently took it home with them to keep it for me or something. Anyway, they returned it to me with the adorable picture inside. Thank you it was very thoughtful of you... Bye for now... Your in my thoughts and prayers.
Take Care,
Sandra

Anonymous said...

That picture does my heart good. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

HI TERRI AND MIKE
I HOPE YOU GET THIS,IM NOT A COMPUTER WHIZ.TERRI, YOU LOOK GREAT AND YOUR LITTLE BABY BOY IS ADORABLE.I'M PRAYING FOR ALL OF YOU. LOVE YOU GAYLE