Sunday, September 04, 2005


Daddy Holding Matthew

I got to hold Matthew today. I sang him a Dire Straits song called �Why Worry�. If you read the lyrics I think you�ll agree they�re perfect. I used to find solace in that song when it came out in the 80�s and now it has a new meaning when I sing it to my son. Matthew and I must be hot blooded because he always gets hot and agitated after I�ve held him for awhile. Today his temperature shot up to 101�F and gave us all a scare. Soon after I put him back to bed he cooled right down to normal. Dr. Wright said Matthew was doing so good that she was prescribing �no changes� today. She said his lung X-rays looked good but there was still some areas that were partially collapsed. Margo, his Respiratory Therapist, came in and worked him over again today. I have video on my phone of his breathing treatments that is quite humorous. I will work on converting it to a format we all can enjoy. Grandma Sue came to visit today. Matthew is wearing his big boy clothes now so she got to see him in his aquamarine little �Suit-D-Do�. Terri brought over a bag of baby clothes we had at the RV. Matthew has outgrown several of them but we should still have cute pictures to post in the coming days. After we left the hospital we went back to the RV and ate the Chinese chicken salad that Cousin Stacey made for us. It was just delicious. Thank you again Stacey for being so sweet. Pray I don�t make myself sick again on your cookies! Like Cassidy and Jenni, I had �oatmeal� for breakfast this morning.
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family! May God continue to be with you now and always. You're in my prayers day and night. The first thing in the morning and the last thing I do in the evening is check for updates. Continue the good news. Can't wait to see WhoMagoo in person.
Love,
Melanie Madden