Tuesday, September 13, 2005


...To this

Matthew was smiling and fine at 2pm when Terri went to pump and I went to contact our insurance company. Terri returned after 3pm and Matthew was back on BiPAP. The doctors have been slowly weaning him off his medications and diuretics. Since Matthew can�t verbally communicate how he is tolerating the weaning process, we are all left with non-verbal clues. Matthew spoke volumes today in protest. By mid-day Dr. Kache put him back on BiPAP to steady him before he fell. As I write this entry I see that it is after 11pm. It has been an agonizing day but Matthew is back on the Vapotherm. I am exhausted from worry. This is our family�s life now. This uncertainty is the threat of each new day. I am, nonetheless, grateful for each new day with my family.
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Grandma Sue said...

It was a very sad day, but hopefully he is back on track. He definitely let them know that he wants nothing to do with the BiPAP.

I love you all and pray that things get better.

Mom (Grandma Sue)