Monday, August 29, 2005


What is God�s purpose?

I haven�t been questioning him, just wondering what he has been trying to tell me. In our darkest hours Terri has often asked me why God was doing this to us. Why were we being tested this way? I have looked back on my life and the mistakes I�ve made and asked God if the sins of the father are now the sins of the son. Is this Punishment or preparation? Finally, last week, I decided that if we start a foundation to help others who find themselves in our situation it would help me answer the questions in my mind. So with that question out of the way I can move on to the next question we had for God. Why, at this very moment, would you bring the Carter�s sad story to our attention? This was an easy one to answer. Terri and I have anguished over the thought of Matthew needing a tracheostomy to go home. We have lamented over the impact his breathing machine might have on our family life. I think God just reminded us that, regardless of the breathing apparatus, the Carters would trade places in a minute to have the joy of their son at home.
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Auntie Kim said...

Oh, my poor little baby nephew. I just want to hold you and make all of this go away. I am anxious for the day when we can play and laugh together... so very anxious.

Grandma Sue said...

As Terri would say...this one hurts my "feelers". He doesn't seem too happy.

But, we'll just have to put up with whatever it takes to have him get well and be home with all his family and friends.

Grandma Sue