Sunday, November 30, 2008

Some fun news

Matthew went up to Mike the other day and said, "poo poo" w/ a serious look on his face ...
Mike rushed him over to the potty chair and he pooped... wah hoo.

I did buy Matthew some "pull ups" the other day ... I will start setting the timer for 30 minutes and take him to the potty chair. We'll see what happens after a week.
I didn't know they came in boy or girl pull ups... I accidentally got him pink Dora pull ups...LOL... and it smells like powder.

This morning, Matthew ate a bunch of cut up grapes, apple, yogurt and oreo cookies.
He actually asks for "yo~dirt" and "gwapes" "eerio's" ... today he asked for "appo". I love it when he asks for "oreo tooties".

Things are coming along! We are so excited.

He also lets us know when he wants to watch Baby Noah, Baby Neptune, Elmo, Wiggle's,
and Nemo.

6 comments:

Chris H said...

That is awesome news! You must be so relieved that he is starting to eat now.

crabby old man said...

THE LOOK ON HIS FACE IN THE LAST PICTURE CRACKS ME UP , I'M WITH KIM . BUT THE 1ST PRIORITY IS TO KEEP HIM SAFE , SO PUT THE MONKEY ON HIS BACK

Grandma W said...

Matthew is a smart little character. He is just a man of few words. When he wants something he takes me by the hand and shows me. He is finding out that "words" are much faster. Matthew leads me around by the hand. He loves being in control.

Andrea W. said...

How exciting! I'm so happy for him to be able to learn the joy of food! I need to unlearn it :(

Grandma Sue said...

What great news to hear he is trying some foods and telling his Daddy he has to go to the bathroom and talking - oh my! Life is good!

I'm another one who did not like the leashes for kids, but I remember on my last trip when we went to the park, I had a hard time catching him. He would head right for the street. It seemed like he just wanted to see the cars because when I put him up on the wall, he sat and watched the cars for awhile. But I sure would not like to take any chances with him running out in the street.

I do love the little Monkey though and I'm so glad Mommy doesn't have to run all over the place after cutie pie Matthew, especially in the snow. When did that happen?

Love you all. Grandma Sue

Anonymous said...

grapes and cherios and oreos....yogurt....what fabulous fabulous news!!!!!

ppersonallyi never liked seeing kids on the leashes either but its a visual thing, not a practical thing....and praticality is the way to go for sure, particularly when its you running after with your heart in your throat!!

magoo, you are so awesome!! i love you so much!! hug mommy and daddy for me!!!

antinesi