Thursday, November 24, 2005


After watching him for 24 hours Dr. Daugherty was satisfied with Matthew’s condition and released him to come home. It’s not everyday you get to pick up a “prince” so Auntie Kim and I accepted the honor with much pomp & circumstance. We donned Matthew’s “The King” hat, “My First Turkey Day” Bib, his “DAD” Teddy bear and placed him in his stroller (I mean chariot). Then we covered him with blankets bearing trains and cars for the ride home.
So what happened? The prevailing theory is that the lack of morning meds, reaction to “contrast”, large dose of IV fluid, and use of anesthesia coalesced to form a perfect storm that bore down on the unsuspecting shores of Whomagoo Island. Now, with hindsight on our side, we know to leave him in the hospital over night after all future Heart-Cath’s.

3 comments:

Grandma Sue said...

It is so wonderful that all turned out well after what you all went through. He looks amazing. You would never know that he went through all the trauma just the night before. Happy 1st Thanksgiving Matthew and many more to come. I'm sure the whole family had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day since you were there to join them.

I love you. Grandma Sue

Anonymous said...

What a happy happy day..
We missed our little man being at home!!

Anonymous said...

It is great to see you back at home my little bogger. I miss you and think of you often. I know God gave you the best mommy and daddy in the world. They take such good care of you and are your closest angels on earth. To have such an incredible family, aunties, uncles, cousins, and us nurses you are one of the most blessed infants I know. I hope to see you real soon. Now please...stay out of the hospital for a while !!!!!!
love to all.....Keniki