Friday, October 21, 2005


Thankfully the blood sugar fluctuation was just a false alarm. Matthew is still on track to come home Sunday. Today we continued drawing and administering his feeds and medications. Terri picked up Matthew's copious prescriptions from the pharmacy and met with the folks from Praxair who showed her how to use our home monitors and travel oxygen. I got stood up at home by the companies promising to deliver our feeding and home oxygen machines for the second day in a row. I did manage to have our truck interior thoroughly cleaned of doggy slobber and I installed the car seat after reading the comprehensive safety manual. When I finally got to the hospital, all my concerns evaporated into thin air the moment I laid eyes on my smiling boy. Aunt Kim arrived soon after me and the three of us sang every nursery rhyme to Matthew we could think of. He smiled and laughed the most when we sang "Where is Thumb kin".
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of all the things we need to think of upon comming home with our bundle of joy...isn't it the car seat that give us all a bit of worry? To this day I still wonder if the booster seat will hold (5 years later:) Please let the trooper know that he is in our thoughts every day. As are the two of you. Alaska may be far away, but our thoughts, strength, love, huggs, whatever you may need at any given time, are in abundance and a key stroke or phone call away. Aunt Teri~ I love you. Thank you for being you.
~Kelly and Family

Grandma Sue said...

This is a very exciting and also scarry time for you, but I'm sure you will handle this like you have the past 5 months. As long as he has Mommy & Daddy close by, he will grow and thrive quickly.

I hope all goes well. I love you all so much.

Mom (Grandma Sue)